Brandibble sends out a variety of notification emails (order confirmations, unconfirmed orders alerts, setting change alerts, etc.), and you may be asking yourself: how do I receive these notifications via text message?
It turns out that most cellular carriers (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) allow you to email text messages to the telephone numbers of their customers, so it’s just a matter of plugging the correct “email-to-text” email address into the relevant email fields in the Brandibble Admin Interface.
For instance, with Verizon, you can email a text message to any of their subscribers by adding “vtext.com” to the end of the subscriber’s phone number, as in: “email@example.com”. So if your employee’s phone number happens to be 555-123-4567, you would just add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to the “BCC Email Address” field on the “Email Confirmations” page of the Brandibble Admin Interface, like this:
Here’s a list of the email address formats for each of the major cell phone companies:
- Verizon: email@example.com
- AT&T: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sprint: email@example.com
- T-Mobile: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boost Mobile: email@example.com
- US Cellular: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alltel: email@example.com
- Cricket: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nextel: email@example.com
- VoiceStream: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virgin: email@example.com
If your cell phone company isn’t listed there, you can find a more complete list here: Email To SMS Email Address List.
So that’s it – all you have to do is add your employee’s email-to-text email address to an email address field on Brandibble, and they’ll receive a text message any time a notification email gets sent out.