Brandibble’s Catering system allows your customers to place catering orders days and weeks in advance. To help you stay organized, Brandibble provides a number of features that makes it easy to manage catering upcoming orders and prevent things from slipping through the cracks.
Here’s the process for managing catering orders:
- Receive the catering confirmation email
- Review upcoming catering orders on the New Orders page
- Get daily reminders of upcoming orders via the daily catering summary email
- Charge catering orders on the New Orders page (on the day of the order)
- Review past orders using the Old Orders and Orders Report pages
- Refund or partially refund orders from the Old Orders page
Below we explain each of these steps in detail.
Receive the catering confirmation email
When an order is placed by a customer, you’ll receive a copy of the confirmation email in your inbox. To adjust which of your employees receives these confirmation emails, please visit the Settings > Email Confirmations page, which looks like this:
In the Catering Confirmations section, you can enter one or more email addresses (separated by commas) in either the CC field or the BCC field (click on the image above to see a closeup up these fields). The BCC field is generally better so that the customer doesn’t see all of your employees’ email addresses, but it’s up to you.
Review upcoming catering orders on the New Orders page
You can always check the New Orders page for your catering location to see a list of the upcoming catering orders. Catering orders will stay on this page until you confirm the order and charge the card, which makes it easy to prevent you from forgetting to charge an order.
You can get to the New Orders page for your catering location by clicking on Orders > Order Management in the left sidebar, and then by clicking on the name of your catering location on the next page. Here’s what this page looks like:
- Print order details. Click the “Print” button to print out the full details of the order for your employees. You can also print this page to a PDF so you can email it to your employees (if they haven’t already received the automated email confirmation, per above).
- Charge orders. After you click the Print button, you’ll have the option of entering a confirmation code and confirming the order, which will charge the customer’s credit card. Please note that you shouldn’t charge an order until the day of the catering order when the order is sent out. Once you charge the order, it will move to the Old Orders page, which makes it very easy to forget about an order. We strongly suggest that you do NOT charge an order until the day of the order.
- Click the green Order ID to view the full order details on the page itself. Clicking this link will open a modal window that shows you all of the order details on the page itself (without printing).
- Mark the order as REVIEWED. You can ask your employees to visit this page on a daily basis and mark orders as reviewed, so you know which ones they’ve seen and which ones they haven’t. In the example above, the last order has NOT been reviewed.
- Edit the date, time, or location. Just click the “Edit” button, and you can adjust the date or time of the order or assign it to one of your other catering locations (if you have more than one).
- Resend the confirmation email. This makes it easy to resend the catering confirmation email to a customer who misplaces it. You can even customize the message that appears above the order details in the confirmation email (the order details are always included automatically). You will be bcc’ed on this email just like the original email, so you’ll see when it’s sent to the customer.
We recommend checking this New Orders page as part of your daily routine – it only takes a few seconds, and our daily catering summary email provides an easy reminder to do this each day, which brings us to the next section.
Get daily reminders of upcoming orders via the daily catering summary email
Each day at midnight, we’ll send out an email with a summary of all your upcoming catering orders across all of your locations. This email looks like this (click on the image for a closeup):
Orders for today will be highlighted in yellow (like the first order in the example above), and clicking on the blue links (the names of your catering locations) will take you directly to the New Orders page for that catering location.
To manage which of your employees receive these daily catering summary emails, go to the Settings > Internal Notifications page, which looks like this:
Also, you can can see this same catering summary report in the Brandibble Admin Interface at any time by going to the Orders > Catering Summary page. This page looks very similar to the email above:
Charge catering orders on the New Orders page (on the day of the order)
When it comes time to send out the order and charge the customer’s credit card, you can do this by visiting the New Orders page again. Just click the “Print” button, enter the confirmation code, and click the “Charge Card” button (just like you do for regular online orders).
If you forget to charge an order, you can always do so the next time you visit this page, which makes it easy to avoid not charging orders. We strongly recommend that you do not charge the order before the delivery date, since this will move the order to the Old Orders page.
This brings us to the next part of the process.
Review past orders using the Old Orders and Orders Report pages
To review past orders, just visit either of the Old Orders or Orders Report pages.
The Old Orders page will show you a single day of orders based on the order delivery date. This is important to remember – you should pick a date in the datepicker in the upper right based on the delivery date of the order in question. This page allows you to see the full order details (via the green Order ID link) and to refund orders, should the need arise.
PRO TIP: hit Command + F (on a Mac) or Control + F (on a PC) to pull up your browser’s search box. You can then type a specific order ID in the search box in order to quickly find an order in a list of orders.
To see a less detailed list of your catering orders spanning multiple days, visit the Orders Report page. This page allows you to select a range of dates in the upper left, which makes it easy to find an order when you aren’t sure of the delivery date. Once you find the order, then you can go back to the Old Orders page and select the delivery date in the datepicker in order to see the full order details.
If you need to issue a refund, this can be done via the Old Orders page, per the last part of this post.
Refund or partially refund orders from the Old Orders page
Catering orders can be refunded or partially refunded from the Old Orders page. Just choose the delivery date of the order in the datepicker in the upper right, and then click the “Refund” button. For more details about how to refund orders, please see our How to refund orders on the Old Orders page post.
And that should do it! By following these steps, your restaurant will be able to easily stay on top of your upcoming catering orders and make sure all of your customers have a great catering experience.