Brandibble gives you the flexibility to create surcharges that change based on distance. These can be used to offer delivery to a wider perimeter without compromising cost.
To set up a distance-based surcharge, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Surcharges
- Click on Add New Surcharge (If you'd like to edit an existing surcharge, click on the surcharge you'd like to edit)
- Fill out all of the fields
- For Surcharge Type, select Distance (you could also select Travel Time if you'd like to charge customers based on travel time rather than distance)
- Select the Travel Type and Cost per Mile Traveled (this will be Cost per Hour of Travel Time if you selected Travel Time above)
- Click on Add New Surcharge
To associate the surcharge with a location, follow the steps below:
- Go to Locations and click on the location you'd like to add the surcharge to
- Click on Order Settings and scroll down to Surcharge Settings
- Select the surcharge from the dropdown menu
- Click on Update Order Settings
If you want to use this surcharge for other locations, follow the above steps at each location.