Our Salido integration is designed to prevent you from having to manage two separate menus (one for the POS and one for online orders). Rather, Salido serves as the source of truth, and your Brandibble menus are synced automatically overnight.
This means that the first step is to set up your menu in Salido the way you want it to show up in Brandibble and import everything when you're ready.
On Brandibble, we give you a page where you can see all of the entities that are available for online ordering. You can use this page to preview the menu BEFORE it gets imported into Brandibble for the first time.
It's very important that you connect with your Salido reps to make sure you're properly filtering out and / or removing menu items and modifiers that you don't want customers to see. If you don't, you'll import a bunch of entities that then need to be hidden in Brandibble, which will create two layers of hiding and make things VERY confusing for ongoing menu management.
Adding, Removing, or Reorganizing Items
All of this should be done in Salido first. This is where you should add or remove items or modifiers or move them between categories or modifier groups.
Once you've made the changes in Salido, then you can pull these updates into Brandibble via the Update Menus page in the Salido POS integration section (or you can just let it happen automatically overnight.
Adding Additional Descriptive Info in Brandibble
Once your items have been imported or updated from Salido, then you can additional descriptive info (a customer-facing name, description, photos, allergens, tags, nutritional info, etc.).
However, it's very important that you DO NOT do any of these things in Brandibble - doing these things will BREAK the integration.
- Change the Internal Name for any menu categories, menu items, modifier groups, or modifiers
- Move menu items or modifiers between categories and groups
- Add or remove modifier groups from menu items
- Change prices for any menu items or modifiers
- Remove modifiers from modifier groups
If you want to do any of the above, please do it in Salido, and then re-sync your menus in Brandibble.
Here's a list of things you CAN do:
- Change the Name for any menu categories, menu items, modifier groups, and modifiers (i.e. the customer-facing "Name", not the employee-facing "Internal Name")
- Reorder menu categories, menu items, modifier groups, and modifiers so that they are in the order you'd like them to be displayed in
- Add descriptions and images
- Make changes in the Advanced Settings tab (allergens, tags, etc.)
- Make categories or groups inactive to hide them from customers
- Use the Menus by Location page to hide menu items and modifiers from customers
We know this is a lot to digest! If you run into any issues or roadblocks, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team for assistance.