By default, Brandibble does not allow a catering customer to choose a location from which to order. Instead, after they enter their address, they're either sent directly to the catering menu page to start their order or they're told that your restaurant does not deliver to your address.
We do this so that you can avoid the hassle of having to cancel an order that you can't deliver. If the customer's address is outside of all of your catering delivery zones, then they're sent to a page that encourages them to reach out to you directly if they'd still like to place an order. Here's an example of what that page looks like:
This page encourages the customer to do one of two things:
- Place a pickup catering order. If the customer is able to pick up their order instead of having it delivered, then it doesn't matter what address they enter. They can just head back to the address entry page of the location from which they want to order, enter the address for the store itself, and then select the "Pickup" option in the Order Summary sidebar. (Screenshot below.)
- Reach out to you directly. If the user doesn't want to place a pickup order, they're encouraged to reach out to you directly.
This tends to be a good way to deal with catering customers who are placing an order from outside your delivery zones.
However, if you'd like to allow your customers to choose a location themselves (like they do for online orders), you can do this by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings and scroll down to Catering Settings
- Select the box next to Yes, allow customers to manually select a catering location
- Click on Update General Settings
And that's it! Your catering customers will now be able to explicitly choose a location after they enter their address, just like online ordering customers.