If there are certain menu items on your menu that get an additional tax, Brandibble allows you to create taxes that you can then apply to those specific items.
In order to set this up, you must first create the tax:
- Go to Settings > Taxes
- Click on Add New Tax
- Fill out all of the information and click on Add New Tax
Apply the tax to specific menu items
Once you've created the tax, you can then apply it to the specific menu item or items. Follow the steps bellow in order to do so:
- Go to Menus > Menu Items and click on the item you're adding the tax to
- Go to the Advanced Settings tab
- Under Item-specific Taxes, click on Add New
- Select the appropriate tax from the dropdown menu
- Click on Save Changes
- If more than one tax applies to this item, follow steps 3-5 again
- Regenerate your menus
Only allowing item-specific taxes at certain locations
If you only want item-specific taxes to be applied at some locations, you can make this restriction on the individual tax's page. Follow the steps below to make this distinction:
- Go to Settings > Taxes and select the tax you'd like to edit
- Click on the Locations tab and check the locations you'd like the item-specific tax to be applied in
- Click on Update Locations
Note: The Locations tab is only meant for item-specific situations. If you add a tax in a location's Order Settings page, it will be applied to all items at that location, regardless of whether you've selected that location on the tax's Locations tab.
This can get a little confusing so please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!