Delivery windows provide your customers with a time range during which their orders will be delivered, instead of a specific time. Time ranges can be provided for pickup orders as well, and you can set the length of the time range separately for each type of order.
Each location has two settings: Pickup Wait Time Range and Delivery Wait Time Range, and each can be set to 15 or 30 minutes. If you set it to None, then a time range will not be specified on the frontend of your website; rather, a specific time will be provided. This is the Default Wait Time on the Order Settings page for each location.
To edit the pickup and delivery window settings:
- Go to Locations and select the location you'd like to edit
- Click on Order Settings and scroll to Required Info
- Make a selection next to Pickup Wait Time Range and / or Delivery Wait Time Range, depending on whether you'd like to change the setting for pickup or delivery orders
- Click on Update Order Settings
There’s also a brand-level setting (which means it will be set for all of your locations) that allows you to provide a time range at the very beginning of the ordering process when users are entering their address and selecting a date and time. However, once customers select a location, the brand-level settings will take over, unless you only set up time ranges at the brand-level.
To set this up:
- Go to Settings > General
- Scroll down to Online Order Settings or Catering Order Settings, depending on which type of location you'd like to set this up for
- Make a selection from the dropdown menu next to Wait Time Range
- Click on Update General Settings
The selected time range will show up on the backend for the folks who are actually making and delivering the order.