Sometimes you may want to assign a promo code to a particular customer (vs. allowing all customers to use a given promo code). To do this, Brandibble allows you to tie promo codes to a list of approved email addresses. Here’s how to go about doing this:
- Create a new promo code (or edit an existing one) and select “Yes” in the “Approved Email Address?” dropdown.
- If you only want the customer to be able to use the promo code once, be sure to set the “Max Uses per Customer” field to 1.
- After you’ve created or updated your promo code, visit the “Add Approved Email” page via the link in the left sidebar (under Promo Codes).
- Select the relevant promo code and submit the customer’s email address.
And that should do it. After you’ve added one or more email addresses to the list for a given promo code, you can see the list of approved email addresses either by:
- Going to the Promo Codes page and clicking on the “View list” link at the far right of the promo code table.
- Going to the Promo Code page itself and clicking on the “See the list of Approved Email Addresses for this promo code” link at the top of the page.
If you’d like to remove a customer from the approved list, all you need to do is click the “Delete” button in the “Remove from list” column on the Approved Emails page. However, please note that they can only be removed if they have not already redeemed the promo code.
Any questions or suggestions? Please let me know in the comments below.